CASA for Children (CASA) is the largest organization of its kind in the State of Oregon. We
support nearly 490 volunteer court-appointed special advocates (CASAs) who serve and advocate for the best interests of abused, neglected and abandoned children under the protection of the Juvenile Dependency Court. This year nearly 1,100 children will benefit from their tireless and tenacious work.
CASA is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion at every level. We seek applicants who share that passion, who have lived and/or professional experience advancing equity, and who will help us as a dominant culture organization continue to learn and grow.
Multnomah County (this position is located here in Main office)
Donald E. Long Juvenile Justice Center, 1401 NE 68th Portland Oregon 97213
230 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite I, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
2514 Sykes Road, St. Helens, Oregon 97051
Front Office Executive Lead
Commensurate with experience. Compensation is $16/hour. Includes a competitive benefits package with medical, dental, retirement, disability and generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedule.
Job Summary Description:
This position provides primary Program assistance and general administrative support to volunteers and staff in Multnomah, Washington & Columbia Counties from our office in NE Portland. As one of the first “faces of CASA” this position interacts with judges, volunteers, donors, board members, community partners and staff.
• Handle phones for volunteers, staff and community partners
• Greet, direct, and assist all office visitors in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner,
assist volunteers with copying and scanning as needed
• Assist with scheduling of Conference room for volunteers, staff and community partners
• Ensure office machines are fully stocked and provide assistance including troubleshooting
issues and interfacing with tech support
• Manage e-court system including but not limited to:
o Creating court dockets
o Creating volunteer appointment/assignment/termination processes including entry of
appropriate information into the program database
o Retrieval of documents from the court system after hearings and distributing to
volunteers and supervisors
• Assist with processing discovery via front office inbox (paper and electronic)
• Support and manage volunteer processes:
o Volunteer driving program – process DMV driving checks, create/maintain
volunteer files for tracking.
• Monthly volunteer recognition – retrieve mailing data from the program database,
prepare cards for mailing, and distribute to appropriate Supervisors for signature.
• Ensure that packets are prepared for CASA volunteers in advance of graduation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assist with deposits and the collating and mailing of payables as needed.
• Assist with entries to the office calendar including staff-wide meetings, trainings, etc.
• Organize all necessary items for monthly staff meetings, take meeting minutes and manage
distribution to staff.
• Manage monthly office supplies order through multiple vendors.
• Orient new staff members on front office role and support for program.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Mail and Google docs, familiarity and/or
ability to work with other computer applications and databases
• Experience with multi-line phone system
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work with many different people/communication styles
• Willingness to participate as a team member
• Experience with all types of office equipment including postage machines, copiers, fax
machines, and scanners
• Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to evaluate individual’s needs and appropriately assist them
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential material/information
• Familiarity with other child welfare programs and the juvenile court system beneficial but
Education and Work Experience:
• College degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years working experience with similar job duties
• Criminal justice and DHS background check required prior to commencing employment.
Proof of U.S. residency required.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile transportation and adequate insurance
• Required to complete CASA for Children’s “Knowing Who You Are” training in the earliest
CASA For Children, Inc.
Summary of Benefits 2018-19
Medical & Dental Benefits, plan year 11/1-10/31
CASA offers two medical plans and one dental plan from Kaiser Permanente. CASA pays 100% of employee premiums for those working 30+ hours per week* Premiums for part-time employees working 20 or more hours are paid on a pro-rated basis. Employees may cover spouses and dependent children under CASA’s group policy at their own expense.
- Medical -Standard
-Office visits - $40 Deductible - $2,000; Out of Pocket max - $7,350
-Brand drugs - $60
-Alternative Care, $1,000 benefit (combined):
-Chiropractic, Naturopathic, Acupuncture - $20, Massage Therapy - $25
-Vision Hardware benefit and routine eye exam, $200 every 2 years
- Medical-Added Choice – with slightly higher co-pays and deductibles, you are able to use providers outside the Kaiser network. *Employees are responsible for a portion of the monthly premium with this plan.
-Office visits - $10 Deductible - $0
-Preventative – 100% covered, Basic – 80% covered, Major – 50% covered
-$1,000 annual benefit maximum
Life Insurance/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, plan year 1/1-12/31
Coverage is provided through Mutual of Omaha. All regular employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible after 90 days of employment. CASA pays 100% of premium.
- Life/AD&D - $25,000 term life insurance benefit and AD&D benefits
- Short-Term Disability – After 14 days of total or partial disability, the monthly benefit is equal to 60% of employees’ monthly pre-disability earning to a maximum of $3,000.
- Long-Term Disability - After 90 days of total or partial disability, the monthly benefit is equal to 60% of employees’ monthly pre-disability earnings to a maximum of $3,000. Benefits are payable for up to 60 months.
CASA’s retirement plan is managed through payroll provider ADP
401(k) Tax Deferred Annuity Retirement Plan:
Employees are automatically enrolled in CASA’s 401(k) Retirement Plan at the minimum contribution rate with online access to make changes and manage their account. Employees are eligible for the plan the first of the month following six months of continuous employment. CASA will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5% of annual salary. The employer match is made with each semi-monthly payroll. Employees are fully vested in the plan after 4 years of employment.
125 Flexible Benefits Plan, plan year 6/1-5/31*
The 125 plan, also known as a cafeteria plan, is offered through Allegiance Benefits.
CASA administers a 125 Flexible Spending Plan for all regular employees. Maximum contributions:
- $2,600 - unreimbursed medical expenses
- $5,000 - unreimbursed dependent care expenses
*Elections are loaded to a debit card to minimize the need for out-of-pocket reimbursement.
CASA pays 100% of the administrative and debit card fees and has a 90 day grace period following the end of the plan year to use benefits from a prior year.
Vision Plan, plan year 1/1-12/31
Superior Vision is a supplementary vision care provider to allow employees the flexibility of going outside of Kaiser for exams, frames. Employee’s pay 100% of the monthly premium.
-Co-pay - $10
-Exam, lenses (incl. contact lenses) – every 12 months; Frames– every 24 months
-Inexpensive per payroll deductions (pre-tax):
- Employee only $2.89
- Employee/spouse $5.70
- Employee/family $8.50
PAID TIME OFF
CASA awards all paid time off at the beginning of the fiscal year according to employees’ tenure. 40 hours can be carried over to the next fiscal year. Hours are based on full time employees. Part-time employees receive prorated hours.
- 0 – 2 yrs = 20 days (160 hours)
- 2+ - 3 yrs = 21 days (168 hours)
- 3+-4 yrs = 22 days (176 hours)
- 4+-5 yrs = 23 days (184 hours)
- 5+ yrs = 25 days (200 hours)
COMPASSIONATE PTO BANK
Any PTO in excess of the 40 hour maximum is moved to a PTO Bank to hold for employees experiencing unexpected or catastrophic incidents that would otherwise require unpaid time.
Holidays/Other Days – Total of 19 Days
CASA offers 15 paid holidays a year, Birthday off, 3 additional days around calendar year-end
Mileage reimbursement for travel on behalf of CASA (outside of commute)
Paid at the 2019 IRS rate of .58/mile
This document is provided as a summary only. Specific details and guidelines for each plan are available through the summary plan documents and may change periodically.
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter indicating where you heard about the job to:
email@example.com Re: Front Office Program Assistant
Deadline to apply: 5 pm, May 13, 2019. Applicants are encouraged to apply early for the
highest consideration, resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Don't forget to mention you saw this job on ProsperCity!