Pictured above (L-R): Members of the ProsperCity team, including Dean Bardouka, Rebecca Channer, Gloria Cruz, Emilia Contreras
- Early Adopters: Right out of the gate, within 30 days of going live, ProsperCity acquired dozens of paying customers and pledge supporters in Oregon and beyond. In the startup world, this is both uncommon and magical. It was also a sign that we were on to something important.
- Leadership Partners: Portland’s #1 talent recruitment firm, Boly:Welch, stepped up as a true champion of pay equity and flooded our job board with meaningful work opportunities.
- Spreadable Ideas: Seth Godin’s altMBA program invited us to design and deliver a workshop on diversity and inclusion for the alumni community. We also captured an above-the-fold spot on their featured alumni page.
- Public Recognition: ProsperCity was nominated for the 2018 OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Award in the Bootstrap Stage category, and then selected as a semi-finalist.
- Network Effect: And then, more pledge signers came aboard, and more jobs were published by employers with statewide and national impact, including The Oregon Community Foundation, Bluedot Innovation, MRG Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities, CASA for Children, Cascade AIDS Project, Oregon Environmental Council, Nonprofit Professionals Now, Community Cycling Center, and so many others.
- Culture Change: We learned about two employers who took intentional steps to ensure greater pay transparency, including IDEA Public Schools in Texas and Inflexion in Oregon. Both of these changes were sparked by internal employees (and ProsperCity advocates) willing to have courageous conversations with their managers. *BOOM*
As we turn toward the new year, let us strive to stay focused and keep going. Closing the gender wage gap and ensuring pay equity for all are not small goals, but together we can make these changes happen.
Thank you for representing all that is bright and beautiful in the world. Thank you for not underestimating our collective power. Thank you for making a difference.
Founder & CEO, ProsperCity
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Commit to the DiverseCity Pledge.
Share this post by clicking below: